Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Legally Blonde Comes to HSTAT

Lead star and play director share insight on Tele’s newest musical.

“Oh my god, oh my god you guys!” HSTAT theater presents this spring’s school musical, Legally Blonde.

Everyone was excited to see the musical considering that last year’s production of High School Musical was a huge success. Both productions were great achievements theatrically. There is also a more intricate reason to how and why these plays are performed.

Director, Ms. Mussachio ,mentions that in the years coming off COVID, the DOE prohibited singing for the first couple of years after our return, which is why the school only performed one act plays. Last year’s production was an outstanding come back for musical theater, giving many students opportunities to learn how to perform in front of an audience. Similar to last year’s production, Legally Blonde provided students with the opportunity to preform because there were a ton of group number’s.

The theater community is progressively getting stronger. Mussachio says that the growth can be attributed to a couple of things.  The experience for performers last year which gave students the ability to show off their personal talents. Also, the theater club’s meticulousness when choosing a show. They make sure the script has a message and shows character development. She hopes that the allure of joining theater increases as time goes on.

Ashley Barbosa was thrilled to play the lead role of Elle Woods. She goes on to say that her experience in the production of Legally Blonde was really enjoyable because she got to meet new people and formed really close relationships with the cast and crew.

She also mentions that this musical helped everyone learn many new things about theater. Although this was a more difficult show to perform, the process was a collaborative and captivating experience for everyone.

Be on the lookout this fall for the announcement for the next production.