Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Boy’s Volleyball Brings Home Hardware

On Sunday, April 7th, the Boys Volleyball Team secured their first tournament trophy in school history.

Trotting out a starting lineup Jackie Cheung, Jaiden Ahamed, Sidney Stein, Josiah Benitez, Igli Sharka, Rowen Viera, David Lian, the team won the Edward Nogay tournament in dominating fashion, securing 12 out of a possible 13 sets.

For the Yellowjackets, it’s a culminating moment, as second year Head Coach Morton has turned our school into a bit of a volleyball powerhouse.

As last season was largely a success for the team, they have had some trouble last season finishing in big moments, losing in the semi finals of three separate tournaments along with ultimately losing in the semi finals of the PSAL A division playoffs last spring.

This influenced the team’s mentality going in to the tournment “We rolled over and let them beat us so, we have been praying for this moment for a year” says Coach Morton.

This tournament was a big step for the program, and being able to finish it out shows growth for the Yellowjackets.

“Before the semis and finals, FDR was the team that really woke us up, and after playing them, we started playing harder” says team captain Igli Sharka.

With one piece of hardware already secured, the team’s focus will shift to the John Jay Battle For Brooklyn Tournament, this Saturday, April 13th.