Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

Crafting Stories, Connecting Minds

The Hive

History repeats itself for the boys soccer team

A second chance wasted.

The boys soccer season has come to an end after another frustrating loss against the Grover Cleveland Tigers on the same date as last year.

Before the game, you could feel the energy. The boys team has had this game on their minds for a while, and the team was locked in during warm ups.

Pre game warm ups

We had started off the match very strongly with goals from Anid Ibroci, Jostyn Banegas, and Daniel Bautista, with amazing defense from our stalwart goalie Santiago.

Star senior goalie Santiago Garcia (Anid Ibrovic)

Tele took a 3-1 lead into the half, but Coach Rubin pleaded with his team to keep their foot on the pedal.

Team huddle at halftime

However Rubin’s advice fell on deaf ears. The second half turned on its head as Tele received two penalties in the opening 7 minutes and blew their lead.

Later on, the Tigers crossed the ball to the opposite for them to shoot and miss, but the opponents got the rebound and tapped it in at the 75th minute.

For the team, a second straight season ends in the hands of Grover Cleveland High School. With 6 starters graduating, including 3 year starting goalie Santiago Garcia, there is some uncertainty around the future of this program. However if we have learned one thing about Coach Rubin and Coach Flores it is that they’re resilient. With three consecutive playoff berths, it would be foolish to not expect them to be right back here again next year.

We know this loss will hang over the boys for a long time, but we’re excited to see what is in store next season.